2021 call for nominations is now closed.
The European Community Psychology Association (ECPA) confers awards in the four different categories:
- The ECPA Lifetime Career Award: The Award is to honour individuals with outstanding, long-term scientific contribution to Community Psychology theory, research, and practice.
- The ECPA Young Career Award: This award will recognize individuals for their notable contributions to the field of community psychology and who are within eight years of the award of their Ph.D.
- The ECPA Best Doctoral Thesis Award: This Award is to identify the best doctoral thesis on a topic relevant to the field of community psychology completed between January 2018 to December 2020.
- The ECPA Contribution to Practice Award: The Award is presented to honour individuals who are making a significant contribution to the field of Community Psychology (e. g., have developed intervention projects in local or virtual communities, which produced a significant impact in the communities).
- The prizes are awarded biennially.
- Nominations and self-nominations are both accepted.
- Each application should include a 1-2 pages letter describing the nominee’s work and why they are worthy of recognition, as well as the proposer (when applicable) and nominee’s personal data (names, address, and e-mails).
- Nominations should be sent as e-mail attachments to the ECPA BOARD (at email@example.com) by April 30, 2021; notifications are made in May.
- We strongly recommend submitting supporting documents, including published papers, books chapters and/or other relevant outputs.
- For the ECPA Doctoral Thesis Award, please submit a document (max. 5,000 words) summarising the main sections (i.e., state of the art, methodology, results and conclusions), including a summary of the thesis (~300 words) and a brief presentation of the doctoral student (~200 words).
- Each award is accompanied by the Award Certificate and announcement of the award on the ECPA website. More benefits for the winners include: free membership for 1 year; free registration for the ECPA conference; public announcement of the nomination at the ECPA conference.
- The prizes will be awarded by a Committee, which will include one person from the ECPA Board and at least two invited external experts.