We are pleased to introduce the New Bank for Community Ideas and Solutions, a unique global collaboration designed to promote community building and strengthen community life everywhere. The Bank is a collection of ideas and solutions inspired by the spontaneous community creativity emerging from the pandemic and other crises our planet is experiencing (e.g., climate change, racism, social injustice).
Perhaps your own community has experienced a surprising situation or developed a distinctive response to the coronavirus outbreak. We encourage you to share your experience by clicking the button just below, and answering a few brief questions.
You can share your community story in English, Spanish, German, Italian or Portuguese.
If your experience or story fits this description, we will aim to post it on multiple sites (e.g., ECPA, SCRA, CTB, etc). We will also share the stories in a Facebook Group and later at the new web portal of the New Bank of Community Ideas and Solutions.
We hope this site may help to demonstrate the importance of community building in a time of crisis, and illustrate the many ways that community psychology and community action can make a contribution.
Remembering our shared moments and experiences will help to create a better world!
See the latest stories below
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of the Chorlton Community Arts Festival‘ in Manchester/UK
- A New ‘Temple’ for Community – Contemplating in Nature and among Modern Art (Stoa169)
- Fostering children playing freely outdoors – towards a post-pandemic vision
Who is involved
- Wolfgang Stark (Germany)
- Bill Berkowitz, Tom Wolff and Bradley Olson (USA)
- Cinzia Albanesi and Caterina Arcidiacono (Italy)
- Maria Fernandes-Jesus and Maria Vargas-Moniz (Portugal)